Public Relations Coordinator
You've spent the past few years at a PR agency and found you have a knack for pitching and developing media relationships -- now you're ready to move on from managing multiple clients and focus entirely on one organization's PR objectives. You can unearth stories, distill them into their most potent form, and - most importantly - know how to share them with the world through earned media placements. You are an organized and creative pitcher who doesn't let media lists go stagnant and gets a kick of adrenaline when you get stories told by big-time storytellers.
- Takes the lead on the organizational aspects of the pitching workflow: pitch distribution, thoughtful - but not overwhelming – follow-up, and media monitoring.
- Works with the PR Manager and Director of Marketing to unearth, refine, develop, and place exciting stories on a daily and weekly basis. (Yes, we have that many stories getting placed!)
- Works to develop long-term relationships with the media beyond the week-to-week pitch cycle.
- Updates current media lists and builds new media lists on an ongoing basis.
- Manages press release distribution both externally and internally.
- Supports the Marketing team with other activities including, but not limited to the construction of a new owned media publication, social media and video ideas, long-form editorial, and crazy creative ideas that we've yet to think up.
- All other duties as assigned.
- You can showcase a robust history of placing stories at all levels, from regional news to elite publications - both the ones that are quick to get coverage and the ones that require you to metaphorically "pitch" the story beyond the gravity of what a journalist expects to be covering on any given day.
- You have excellent organizational skills and want to own the pitching process in its entirety.
- Your adrenaline spikes when you get a huge placement and you can't wait to share it with the world – or, at least, your team at work!
- You have a background in one - or more - of the following fields when it comes to working with media: sports, art, finance, consumer tech (blockchain tech included and of interest), or business.
- History of working with Cision is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Ability to act with professionalism and confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail.
We offer generous benefits including, but not limited to: 401(k), 401(k) matching, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance program, flexible schedule, health insurance, life insurance, paid time off.
PWCC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in second chance employment. Must be able to pass relevant criminal background check if offered the job.
Email your resume, cover letter and two to three media placements you'd be most excited to discuss in an interview to Denise Heredia at Denise.email@example.com to apply. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.